In this contemporary era, more and more people are looking for ways to become more energy efficient. This is a step in the right direction given that it is less taxing on the environment. Additionally, being more energy efficient is a great way to save on your monthly bills. Here are a few strategies you can implement to become a more energy efficient homeowner:
1. Wash your clothes with cold water. Your laundry detergent will work just as efficiently. Additionally, you’ll save roughly 40 cents on each load.
- Check on your hot water pipes to ensure that they are not leaking.
- Install low-flow, aerating showerheads and faucets. These products will reduce your use of hot water. They can typically be found in your local home improvement store.
- Turn your water heater off if you intend to leave your property for several days.
- Shorten the length of your showers. This will help cut your hot water fees substantively.
- Have a solar water heater installed. This will save money and energy.
- Increase the efficiency of your old water heater by getting an insulation wrap.
- Reduce the temperature of your water heater from 140 degrees to 120 degrees. This will help you save money and also ensure that you keep your water hot enough for cleaning dishes and showering.
- When you buy a new water heater, be sure that it has the EnergyGuide label.
- Repair leaky faucets immediately. A leaky faucet increases use of electricity or gas.
- Have a timer installed on your water heater so that it can be automatically shut off when you are off the premises.
- Familiarize yourself with water heater basics to ensure that you’re saving money and using energy efficiently when you buy. For example, you should know that the on-demand water heaters can result in a higher electric bill.
- Purchase your energy from the cost-efficient retailer on the block. Companies such as Compare Texas Energy Providers provide detailed information regarding the prices charged by numerous retailers in the state. Learn more about how to find the ideal Texas Electricity retailer by viewing their website at http://www.comparetexasenergyproviders.com/.Get Started NowWhen you fail to use energy efficiently, the end result can be an unnecessarily high monthly bill. Yet by integrating the strategies listed here into your daily life, you can start bringing your energy bill down right now!